Simplify the management of complex illnesses.
The traditional healthcare delivery system is not always prepared to meet the needs of patients and caregivers faced with the ongoing management of complex health conditions such as cancer, organ transplant, behavioral health ailments, substance abuse issues and other serious conditions.
That is where our Case Management Services can make all the difference.
Our dedicated and highly trained case managers identify and coordinate a broad range of services designed to:
- Optimize the health status and quality of life of the patient.
- Make sure the patient gets the care they need when they need it.
- Assess and influence the patient’s adherence to treatment.
- Monitor and assess the patient’s progress.
- Maintain the patient in the least restrictive setting that is appropriate for their clinical status.
- Consider and address the social determinants of health that impact the patient’s well-being.
- Alleviate some of the emotional stress patients and their families typically experience.
These activities often keep our case managers involved with patients and their families for weeks or even months.
MedReview reviews authorization requests on a weekly basis to identify patients who have the potential to benefit from case management. MedReview also considers patients referred by physicians, by MedReview Utilization Management and by payors.
Our case managers work with the patients, caregivers, family members, physicians and ancillary healthcare providers to develop a coordinated care plan, which may include such interventions as home healthcare, home infusion therapy, physical therapy, rehabilitation and in-home medical equipment. Once care plans are established, our case managers maintain phone contact with the patient, payor, caregivers and other resources as appropriate.